Vespers for the reopening of the Cappella Paolina

epa01783375 A handout released by Osservatore Romano of Pope Benedict XVI during the Vespers for the reopening of the Cappella Paolina (Pauline Chapel), on 04 July 2009, in Vatican City. The Cappella Paolina is a famous chapel in the Vatican Palace, which serves as the parish church of the Vatican. It is separated from the Sistine Chapel only by the Sala Regia. Commissioned in 1538 by the order of Pope Paul III and completed in 1540 under the design and supervision of Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, the Cappella Paolina served as both the Chapel of the Sacrament and the Chapel of the Conclave. Paul III dedicated the chapel to the Feast of the Conversion of St Paul, a festival to which he displayed particular devotion. Given the ceremonial and personal significance of the chapel, it was to be expected that the Pope would require the services of a great artist for its decoration, and, in the opinion of both the Papacy and the people, there was no one greater than Michelangelo. EPA/OSSERVATORE ROMANO / HO HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY/NO SALES
Dostawca: PAP/EPA.

Używamy plików cookie, aby zapewnić lepszą jakość przeglądania. Kontynuując korzystanie z tej witryny, wyrażasz zgodę na korzystanie z plików cookie.
Używamy plików cookie, aby zapewnić lepszą jakość przeglądania. Kontynuując korzystanie z tej witryny, wyrażasz zgodę na korzystanie z plików cookie.